Friday 1 December 2017

The Hidden Pin Up #12 - You can be my mocha

I am getting some great stories in from my call out for your tales of black fetishisation for The Hidden Pin Up project, thank you, please keep them coming. 

The title of this post is from one of those stories, in fact the first one one I collected and I think it perfectly encapsulates the preconceived notions and misjudged ideas many black females face on an everyday basis. 

The article 'Is your sexual desire for black people racist' from everydayfeminism.com states,

'When you focus on stereotypes instead of treating a person like an individual shaped by their heritage, background, and unique experiences, that person becomes an extension of your imagination'

...and what poor and filthy imaginations some people have as shown below in the message I had sent in today. 

Please contact me to share your own experiences of black fetishisation, all messages will be posted anonymously and may be used as part of the art work for this project. Check out The Hidden Pin Up posts on this blog to find out more:

Hey Gemma! I have a few gems for you .... 😑 I've had a lifetime of it tbh but standout favourites include the classic: I'm not really into black girls but you're amazing

Also on tinder: 'I've never fucked a black girl before'

(and you never will :))

Recently from a white guy 'do you prefer white guys?'??? is he asking 'am I a racist'

baffling

At a bar one time with my then boyfriend: 'What's a sexy sister like you doing with a white guy'

Frequently being addressed as 'Sista' bc we are all sassy charactures and love to be called that by white guys...


Also 'I bet you're a tiger in the sack' and other variations on that, though Idk if that's race related or just general gross

No comments: