Tuesday 9 December 2008

Burlesque bump 'n' grind!



Well, it's been a while again! But I have lots to fill you in with! Firstly, I am planning on updating this blog on a weekly basis every Tuesday, with extra postings as and when I have extra to say.

My burlesque art residency in Sunderland is coming to an end next week. The final exhibition of burlesque characters from Sunniside's past and paintings by myself will be on show at The Place from tomorrow! The private view will be happening on the last day next week on 17th December.



I'll be posting a reminder, but I really think if you're in the area and you have an interest in either history or burlesque to get yourself there and see this interesting work, which I directed as part of my residency. You can find out more about the project by reading my accounts as it progressed on my myspace blog numbered 1-9

On other news:

Last Saturday saw myself and Rene le Rouge performing at The Silk Stocking in Birmingham. We had an absolute blast and the night went extremely well. We performed two acts: The Lonely Goatherd and our new act, Never Outfox the Fox. We got recordings of both but unfortunately are having trouble getting Outfox onto the computer. Luckily though our great friend Tony Fever (husband of burlesque star Scarlet Fever!) has managed to upload his video of The Lonely Goatherd onto Youtube!



We also got some fabulous photos courtesy of InaGlo photography. A big thanks to her!






She also captured some great images of Never Outfox the Fox!







When we're performing as The Chantilly Belles we've found that Birmingham has some of the best burlesque audiences, and Saturday was no execption! The crowd were such fun and all the other acts on that night were lovely to work with and share a dressing room with. It was really organised night, and that means a lot when you're busy behind the scenes stressing about glitter and straight stocking seams so thanks to Angel and Gehenna for making it run so smooth.

Islington Mill, is where my studio is based and now has a shiney new temporary shop! 'FROM SPACE' is selling goods produced by it's residents, including, fashion, accessories, jewellery, photograpy and art work. I am selling some small pieces from my Bon Bon's series. These are the last few paintings left from this popular series and sell quickly, so take a look and catch them while you can!


Peppermint Pattie, acrylic on canvas 2008

'FROM SPACE' is located at 142 Chapel Street Salford M3 6AF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emerald Angel Unique Creations have a wonderful range of Burlesque accessories..