Friday 12 December 2008

Bettie Page passes away

I've just found out that fifities pin-up and fetish model Bettie Page passed away last night at the age of 85. This is truely the passing of a great 20th Century icon.

I can't explain how inspirational she has become to people around the world, not only for her style but for her sexy poses that caused an outcry back in the day. Although I knew she was getting on in years I'm stil shocked that this legend has actually gone and I know for a fact we will never she such a unique personality in popular culture again.

I love Bettie because she celebrated her femininity unashamedly. As she put it:

"God approves of nudity. Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, they were naked as jaybirds."

1 comment:

*Alice Twinkle* said...

omg really that so sad. she is a pin-up icon of all time

alice twinkle*