Tuesday 25 November 2008

Driving driving driving to Sunderland

There's been a bit of a lapse in my posts for a week and a half, basically because I've been here there and everywhere!
Firstly, I've been rehearsing for The Chantilly Belles next gig in Birmingham this coming Saturday.



Myself and Rene Le Rouge have been tweaking our new act as this will only be it's second outing in front of an audience!
I've also been altering my costume, and been sewing (not easy for me) tiny sparkles and new buckles where needed. We're rehearsing again tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to it, as I always do. There's a lot to be said for prancning about and falling over in fits of laughter.

Today I'm off to Sunderland to deliver some of my paintings for the final exhibition of my art residency. To find out more about this check out my Myspace blog where I've written a detailed account of how the project has progressed.
To update you briefly; I have been directing an art project in the Sunniside area of Sunderland which is undergoing a regeneration. The project is designed to draw the public's attention to the area. I used burlesque as our main tool of communication and working with Art-Wave and local artists and University students we have created burlesque characters based on Sunniside's 1861 census, then posed as the characters in their ogininal abodes. It's been really fun and stressful! I'll be happy to see what everything looks like in the private view along with a selection of my paintings. More info to follow!

No comments: