Wednesday 12 November 2008

New painting update

The new painting for the series 'My baby's Got a Secret' is coming along well but I have to admit to being thrown on more than one occasion by the amount of different muscles and bones that are in the human back!

Day 2


Day 3

Since starting this picture I have looked up sections about the back from Gray's Anatomy to try and make some sense of it. I reckon I need to get some more life drawing done as nothing beats studying the real thing. I still have to work on the right arm the lower back and smooth out some of the over defined areas. This is where I'm now up to, I'm quite pleased with it and plan to get it finished for a small show to be held at Islington Mill in Feburary next year


Day 7

The show is to be a showcase of 2D artists housed at the Mill and should be good fun, so far there are photographers, painters, and projection artists involved. I'll keep you posted as more info becomes available.

No comments: